Follow Us

News & Blog

Thinking about undertaking major renovation works at your property?

Your Household or Property policy will typically continue to provide full cover for the existing structure when undertaking works of up to £50,000 to allow for minor uplifts before excluding or restricting cover, and in all instances, not cover the works.  We recommend a JCT Minor Works contract and an insurance policy that will provide cover your for liabilities, existing structure, materials, plant (where required) and your investment for the works carried out until ‘practical completion’. 

When moving back onto a Household policy, you will need to remember to recalculate the Buildings Sum Insured to reflect the finished works and money invested. If any piling, excavating or underpinning is taking place you will need to consider your liability to third parties for damage to their caused to their property as a result of the works.

You are probably thinking that your contractor will have public liability insurance and be responsible, but what happens when no negligence is proven? It is the owner of the property that will left carrying the baby, you.  For more information or to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01937 222139 or #renovation #household

News & Blog

Importance of carefully worded...

The importance of carefully worded insurance contracts and how worded they are understood by the broker...

News & Blog

What does the FCA’s...

The FCA’s plan to extend access to the Financial extend Ombudsmen Services and increase its compensation...

News & Blog

“Do we need Employers...

We are often asked “Do we need Employers Liability “Do even though we do not employee...

Get in touch
01937 222079
Commer House, Tadcaster, LS24 9JF

Johnson Insurance Services is a trading name of Johnson Insurance Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under firm reference no. 784664. Johnson Insurance Services Ltd is registered in England & Wales no. 10822509 at Commer House, Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, LS24 9JF